Composer-based Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 project scaffolding with code linting, tests and automated builds (CI) integration.
Drupal project template with code linting, tests, CI and deployments.
Click here to see template for Drupal 8 project
Click here to see template for Drupal 7 project
What is included
- Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 composer-based configuration:
- contributed modules management
- libraries management
- support for patches
- development and testing tools
- Custom core module scaffolding
- Custom theme scaffolding: Gruntfile, SASS/SCSS, globbing and Livereload.
makescripts to build and rebuild the project (consistent commands used in all environments).
- PHP, JS and SASS code linting with pre-configured Drupal standards
- Behat testing configuration + usage examples
- Integration with Circle CI (2.0):
- project full build (fully built Drupal site with production DB)
- code linting
- testing (including Selenium-based Behat tests)
- artefact deployment to destination repository
- Integration with dependencies.io to keep the project up-to-date.
- Integration with Acquia Cloud.
- Integration with Lagoon.
- Project documentation templates:
- Project initialisation script
- Tests for Drupal-Dev to ensure that end-to-end workflow works as expected.
Automated build is orchestrated to run stages in separate containers, allowing to run tests in parallel and fail fast.
- Consistent commands across projects - unified Developer Experience (DX).
- Standalone file that can be easily copied across projects.
- Simple YAML syntax.
- Workflow is no longer captured in places that were not designed for it: Composer scripts, NPM scripts etc.
Why not Lando, DDEV, Docksal?
- Running the same workflow commands in Local and CI is a paramount.
- Current solution is pure Docker/Docker Compose and does not require any additional configuration generators.
- No dependency on additional tool.
- Amazee.io maintain their containers as they are powering their open-source hosting platform Lagoon.
- Changes to containers are fully tested with every change using CI systems (part of Lagoon).
- Containers are production-ready.
- If project uses
amazeeiocontainers, it is guaranteed to run in Lagoon cluster.
- Very fast.
- Supports workflow.
- Supports parallelism.
- Provides remote Docker engine to run and build containers with layer caching.
- Allows customising build runner container.
- Flexible pricing model (for proprietary projects). Free for open-source.
- Configurable runners for different types of dependencies (PHP, JS, Ruby etc).
- Configurable base branch, new branch prefixes and assigned labels.
- Supports pre-update and post-update hooks.
- Flexible pricing model for proprietary projects.
- Progress is tracked as GitHub project.
- Development takes place in 2 independent branches named after Drupal core version:
- Create issue and prefix title with Drupal core version:
[7.x] Updated readme file..
- Create PRs with branches prefixed with Drupal core version:
8.x. For example,
Integrated Experts can provide support for Drupal-Dev in your organisation:
- New and existing project onboarding.
- Support plans with SLAs.
- Priority feature implementation.
- Updates to the latest version of the platform.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robo Artifact Builder - Robo task to push git artefact to remote repository
- Behat Steps - Collection of Behat step definitions.
- Behat Screenshot - Behat extension and a step definition to create HTML and image screenshots on demand or test fail.
- Behat Progress Fail - Behat output formatter to show progress as TAP and fails inline.
- Behat Relativity - Behat context for relative elements testing